Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sweet, sweet Maddie
So, I have been helping Madison read the Book of Mormon before she is baptized this year. Each night we take turns reading. Well last night Alex was putting her to bed and I was going to go up to read with her. Of course, I got sidetracked and took longer than I planned. Madison had been in her room for about 10 or 15 minutes when Alex told me that I needed to go see what Madison was doing. So I quietly crept upstairs to find her in bed with her dolls and 3 different Book of Mormons open reading aloud. When I first started eavesdropping she was using her voice and then all the sudden it changed to this high pitched voice. I realized that it was her baby doll's turn and she was "reading" for her. This was such a sweet experience. She is trying so hard to do what is right and make us proud of her. After a minute I went in and finished reading with her after which she promptly reminded me that we needed to have family prayer before she could go to sleep. Thank you sweet, sweet girl for helping Mommy to remember to do what is right too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that is great!
Post a Comment