Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Avery's 4 Month Check-up

So Avery had her 4 month check-up today. She is now 24" long (50th percentile) and 11lbs 12oz (10th percentile). She is following in Madison's footsteps in the weight gain area. Luckily she continues to stay on her growth curve - she is just petite. When she was being weighed she decided to pee all over the scale. She just smiled. That's my girl! You should see her smile after she toots!!! When the doctor came in she said her name and Avery turned to look and then smiled. It was so cute. She handled her shots as well as any baby...it never gets easier to hear your baby cry when they are hurt. Fortunately, I have a few minutes afterward to nurse and help soothe her. The doctor mentioned that she is really holding her head up well and encouraged us to start introducing rice cereal. We are hoping this will help her sleep longer during the night. The past two nights she has woken up every 2 hours to eat...which means I'm lucky if I get 1 1/2 hours of sleep in between feedings. Needless to say, I'm starting to feel pretty beat. Hopefully, she is just going through a growing spurt. Anyway, she is doing well, smiling and laughing. She is a joy to have in our family.

No comments: